Skip to content
How to Write a Professional Business Letter
- Date: The date is typically written at https://thebusinesscafe.ca/ the top right corner of the letter. It should be written in the format “Month, Day, Year.”
- Inside Address: The inside address is the address of the person you are writing to. It should include their name, title, company name, and address.
- Salutation: The salutation is a greeting to the person you are writing to. It is typically followed by a colon.
- Body: The body of the letter is the main content of the letter. It should be clear and concise, and it should be tailored to the recipient.
- Closing: The closing is a farewell to the person you are writing to. It is typically followed by a comma.
- Signature: The signature is your handwritten name. It should be written below the closing.
- Enclosure: If you are enclosing any documents with the letter, you should list them below the signature.
Here are some additional tips for writing a business letter:
- Use a professional tone and avoid using slang or informal language.
- Proofread your letter carefully before sending it.
- Use a standard font and font size.
- Use white space to make your letter easy to read.
- Keep your letter to one page, if possible.
You may also like...